Please submit your CV and cover letter in PDF format. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email. We will contact you should we wish to arrange a meeting to discuss this position further.
Forbius Inc is looking for a Scientist, Protein Engineering
We are a clinical stage pharmaceutical company that engineers novel biotherapeutics. Our mission is to transform the lives of patients affected by life-threatening rare diseases. In the role of Scientist, Protein Engineering, the candidate reports to the Chief Scientific Officer and bears responsibility for structure-guided in silico protein-optimization projects using molecular-modeling and simulation software, and appropriate laboratory testing.
|Location:||Montreal 6100 Royalmount Ave., Suite D106, Montreal Quebec, H4P 2R2|
|Salary (annually):||CAD$66,560 to 70,699.20|
|Hours per week:||40|
|Characteristics||Permanent and Full-time|
|Start Date:||June 1st|
The position entails the following detailed Responsibilities:
- Performs research and feasibility studies into proposed protein-engineering projects;
- Designs expression constructs for antibody and protein production;
- Participates in the development of plans, schedules and costs of assigned projects/programs;
- Liaises with laboratory personnel and Contract Research Organizations (CRO) staff to follow-up on protein expression
- Monitors and performs assays that screen for biophysical characteristics and bioactivity of the engineered molecules;
- Prepares reports on assigned projects for internal and external use, makes presentations to the team and contributes to technical journals;
- Participates in the preparation of patents and publications;
- Checks, organizes, analyzes and reports data produced;
- Prepares reports, documents and dossiers;
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education:PhD in a scientific discipline (Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular or Cellular Biology or related field);
Experience: A minimum of 5 years’ related experience (may include post-doctoral experience) or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
Specific Skills: molecular model building, simulation and visualizing packages (e.g. AMBER, CCP4, COOT;
Specialization: Understanding of protein chemistry and experience in rational protein design and engineering;
Specialization or Experience:
- Ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work effectively in a challenging, milestone-driven environment;
- Effective oral communication skills and technical/scientific writing skills. Previous experience presenting scientific data to internal and external audiences.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross- functional team;
- Meticulous organization, record keeping and reporting;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, incorporating integrity in all decision making;
Please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org